Message from the President
We have discussed the best date to schedule the make up game from January 28th and the best time to do so will be on March 25th when we initially had the singles tournament scheduled. The tournament will now be held after the playoffs are finished on April 29th.
- The first round of playoffs will start on April 1st and as usual, each round will consist of 2 nights of play (one week at each venue) until one team reaches 17 points.
- The second round of playoffs will start on April 15th and will follow the same format as the first week.
NOTE: Since we have 21 teams this year, the easiest way to schedule the playoffs and ensure that they are completed in time for us to submit the winning team info to the plague person is to give the 1st place team of the overall standings at the end of the regular season the Premier Division trophy. Therefore, this team will not be playing in the playoffs. I will be uploading the team rosters to the website sometime this week. Please double check that the spelling is correct for your players as this what we use to submit for the year end plaques.
- Correction: The singles tournament will be scheduled for Monday April 29th at the KW Naval and is open to league members only. $5.00 per person to register and both the ladies' and men's division winner will earn a trophy.
- We will not be having a captains meeting at the end of the season as this is usually just to drop of 180/high finish sheets and to confirm banquet numbers
- Banquet will be held on Saturday May 11 @ the Polish Legion. Cocktails at 6:00, dinner at 7:00pm. I will be visiting each venue next Monday to drop off banquet tickets. The price of the tickets will be $20 up front and all players that come to the banquet will be given $10 to purchase 50/50 tickets at the door.
- John Eardley will be coming to each venue on March 25th to collect your 180 & high finish sheets. It would be greatly appreciated if you have your numbers and cash for the banquet at this time so that we can confirm with the Polish Legion. We will ensure that a few extra tickets are available for late submissions if needed.
Welcome to our 2018-2019 Season!
First off, the league would like to thank Jon Boy Hatt for all his hard work over the years. His contribution as a player & executive for the league is a large reason we have been able to maintain such a large league that is continually growing! As the new executive team for the league, we are excited for the upcoming year!
A big welcome to our new team & new team captains! Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
As discussed at the 2018-2019 general meeting:
- Please ensure that both team captains are submitting the scores every week - no later than Tuesday, please.
- We have 21 teams this year, so pay attention to your schedule to know when your team has the bye.
- Please encourage your teams to participate in the tournaments to be held on November 12 & March 25.
- Rosters should be submitted by the 1st week of January - players must be on the roster to play in the playoffs.
We would like to thank everyone in advance for their participation and great sportsmanship for the upcoming year. Have a great season!
Colleen, Gary & John
Important Dates: 2018/2019 Season
- Captains Meeting
- Banquet Dinner
Saturday, May 11, 2019 @ Polish Legion
- 2019-20 Annual General Meeting
Tuesday, September 3, 2019 7:30pm @ ANAF